Friday, January 29, 2010

Hello from Gnome-N-Birdy


If you were to describe yourself how would you start?
Perhaps you would tell us a little about
what you've done with your life
or perhaps where you live...
but most likely you would describe the things you love.
Well as I sit here in-front of my computer contemplating how describe this new blog...
the only thing that comes to mind is to share what we love.
This blog was created out of friendship and shared passions.
Karli (a.k.a Gnome Hut & Retro Plant)
and I (Chelsea Ann of ittybittybirdy)
discovered that not only did we LOVE the same things
but that we also loved to share what we loved with the world.
This blog is our way of uniting our efforts into one place.
We hope that this blog will serve as a source of inspiration-
showcasing artist we love, items worth googling over,
and bringing you fun new ideas
to incorporate into your own lives.
So what is it that we really love?

It's simple...
WE LOVE ALL THINGS
Kitschy
Retro
Fun

We really want this to be an interactive blog -
please share your thoughts... share what you love!

For those of you who have some how magically stumbled upon our blog
but have no idea who we are I thought I would share a little bit more...
more similarities that is :)


Karli and I are both newbies to the world of Asian Fashion dolls

My hubby surprised me this Christmas
with the most BEAUTIFUL Record Player!
And to top it off I also got a $100 winning scratch-it ticket in my stocking
and that is how I was able to get my first doll (Pullip)
Marianne who's just as sweet as can be!
I'm spoiled!


Karli's first doll - Simple Peppermint
arrived this last fall and I have no clue where Karli's genius and energy comes from
but her Eve (dolls new name) already struts around with the greatest accessories
from prize ribbons to the sweetest dolly sized valentine cards -
which unfairly sold out before I could snatch a set for myself ~ oh-well :)


Karlie and I first became acquainted through flickr
were I fell in love with her collection of vintage toys.


As you can see I have a bit of a collection myself :)


Among a hand full of other things
WE BOTH LOVE LOVE LOVE
to digital scrapbook!

And within the last year we have also started to make
digital scrap-booking products of our own.
This new blog will no doubt be full of great retro-kitschy-fun digital kits,
project ideas, and how-to tutorials.
We really really want to share our love for digital scrap-booking with you!
Because it's fun!
Make sure you stop by for our Valentines Day post -
we are going to share great ideas for scrap-booking, and crafting
using digital downloads of vintage Valentine day card
- or of coarse you can use cards from your own collection!
~ There will be a special giveaway too :)


Oh ~ I almost forgot!
Karlie put together this really sweet Valentines kit
for our new friends here at Gnome-N-Birdy
Click HERE to get your free kit!
(for personal use only)

~Phew that was quite a lot of information ~
I guess it just shows how excited we are!

So hello everyone and welcome to Gnome-N-Birdy!






10 comments:

  1. HURRAY HURRAY!!! :-d It is so fun to finally see what you have been working with! I hope it's okay if I will be here a lot. ;-) Now I have to tell the world about it this! ;-)
    Lots of hugs to you both! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooooray!!! i love everything about this new place and will visit frequently. already added the blog to Bloglovin!

    oh, fyi: i don't know if this issue is local to my computer, but i tried to download the valentine's day freebie several times, but it couldn't download it all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two... this has positively made my day! I cannot think of anything cooler than collaboration between two friends! I promise to be a regular reader & comment leaver! I so enjoyed this post and I love you both to death! (Love Missy/boops!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute blog! I'm loving everything about it already, and now I'm off to visit your other sites. Lots of love!

    xoxo
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone else has any issues downloading the freebie just let me know in your comment and I will e-mail it to you :) Thanks for all the LOVE! Chelsea Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had some problems with the files, gave up, and then tried again little later and then it worked!?? :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Karli and Chelsea! I think this is going to be a fantastic collaboration! I am already very fond of your blog design, I will be an avid follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg!! this is GREAT!! congrats!! i'll be your biggest fan! ha ha ha!! so thrilled, i LOVE what you girls create.... fun fun fun fo me! yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are adorable! (i'm so glad you told the story because I am new to you both—Karli left a comment on my flickr—and i'm SMITTEN. you guys are my kinda gals!! I'm obsessed with vintage (clothes, jewelry, toys, kid's books etc). I'm new to digi scrap booking. I need to learn about this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun to find someone who shares so many of the same "likes". I look forward to seeing what you two come up with. That digital kit is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete